ASCE Innovation Contest
The ASCE Innovation Contest was developed as a part of The ASCE Grand Challenge, and is a springboard for forward-looking infrastructure ideas. The contest is an avenue to transform our nation’s infrastructure and brings together your best ideas, projects, and theories for how to build a better future.
In 2016, the contest drew entries from across the globe, and submissions were judged by a panel of 22 experts spanning the industry. There were 15 winners, with four proposals honored for special awards. These entries included: “Rise of the Drones: How Unmanned Surveying Can Help Make Our Coasts Resilient” (Greatest Impact on Achieving the Grand Challenge); “Big Picture Resilience via Ocean Forests” (Best New Concept); “Advanced Drone Technology to Handle Disaster in Underground Construction and Mining Sites” (Best Student Innovation, tie); and “Capitalizing on the Internet of Things to Promote Water Conservation” (Best Student Innovation, tie).
The 2017 contest has 5 topics:
- Innovative Business Models and Technologies
- The Internet of Things
- Sustainable (Green) Engineering
- Next-Generation Transportation
To submit your entry for the 2017 ASCE Innovation Contest, click here. To enter you must have:
- Entrant information (name, email address, university or affiliations, if any)
- Topic Solution Summary
- Submission and Supporting Evidence
- Entries should meet the following requirements:
- 12 point font size
- The content equivalent to 5 typed pages maximum including graphics
- 1 inch margins
- All files are accepted (including media files), but PDF or Microsoft Word are preferred.